Monday 28 December 2020

4 days to 2021

When I was in my teen and eager to turn 20, people often said that you will feel that once you're in your 20s, time passed fast. When I was in my 20s, I felt that and hoping that time passed slower for me to enjoy more. Now that I'm in my 30s, I'm feeling it even more especially I'll be turning to mid 30s in a few days time. And I always ask myself have I achieved what I wanted or rather deemed as a successful person through the lens of the society? Given the outbreak and the pandemic year, I told myself to learn to be contended and grateful for what I have and can have when you often hear and see how others struggle. Then it got me ponder that given that life is short, shouldnt I start doing what I like to do? This question pop up more after working in the new company. No doubt the new company is paying me more and if all is good, I may be getting the best payout thus far in my career next year. Here comes the but. Am I happier working here ? I would rate fair. Do I like the culture here? I would rate fair. Do I see career growth here? Maybe. Have I found leader whom inspire me? Hmmmmmm. Decided to blog as I'm feeling very blue to have to go back to work tomorrow after the long weekend and I started feeling stress even before I clock in tomorrow. I seriously miss the year end break I used to enjoy in the past few years. It's time to remind myself to be grateful that I still have a job, a shelter to live in, a nice car to drive and money to buy food. I can do this! Signing off~

No comments: